I am a Partner of Josiah Hincks Solicitors, based in Leicester. I am in the Dispute Resolution and Employment Team.
I help businesses solve problems and focus on their business rather than being distracted by legal issues. I strive to provide commercially driven, no nonsense legal advice. I assist businesses and individuals involved in disputes of any type to get the result they need as quickly and effectively as possible. I also ensure that businesses can navigate the Employment Law minefield with confidence.
I also ensure that business have the best terms and conditions and other contractual documentation in place. I have particular expertise in drafting EULAs, Privacy Policies, Hardware Warranties and other IP/IT type matters.
I’m a dual qualified solicitor and accredited mediator. When required, I am tough and robust. I can also adopt a more conciliatory stance if that is in my client’s best interests.
Recently, I’ve been working on substantial Rate Swap/Interest Rate Hedging Financial Services claims, lots of property/repossession claims, trademark/patent infringement and general breach of contract/negligence claims.
I am also advise businesses on Employment Law and other general commercial matters.
Mediation, Litigation, Dispute Resolution and Employment Law.
partnership disputes, professional negligence claims, personal injury claims, breach of contract claims, franchise disputes, negligence claims, sale of goods/supply of services claims, property disputes, dilapidation claims, IP/IT disputes, trademarks, copyright, design right, internet domain name claims, employment law, discrimination, redundancies, employment contracts, staff handbooks, compromise agreements PLUS MUCH MORE!
• Wide experience including dilapidations claims (including for various PLCs), agreeing lease terminations, taking disputed lease renewals to Court, dealing with defective property claims and acting for Pension scheme administrators in property related disputes, and repossession claims.
• Acted for businesses in claims for passing off, breach of trademarks, domain name usage, design rights, defamation claims and breach of copyright claims.
• Issued and defended statutory demands and winding up/bankruptcy proceedings, dealt with companies in administration, companies going into administration, personal bankruptcy.
• Worked closely with clients to develop bespoke and effective debt recovery processes and have then dealt with the matters from letters of claim through to Court and on to enforcement.
• Involved in drafting contracts of employment and staff handbooks and training HR people on how they work, drafting bespoke complex restrictive covenants, advising employers on employment law matters, advising on termination of employees, dealing with compromise agreements for both employer and employee, and some small tribunal claims/defences work.