Josiah Hincks are Solicitors in Leicester. We have 5 offices throughout Leicestershire with over 50 Staff. We are an 8-Partner firm which aims to provide excellent quality legal services to individuals and businesses throughout the region. We aim to provide:
- Specialist Advice – experience and expertise with Solicitors, Legal Executives & Paralegals
- Quality Advice – solutions to your problems
- Affordable Advice – either fixed fees, accurate estimates or no win no fee agreements
- Great Service – we aim to return calls or emails within 24 hours
- No Nonsense Advice – we will be honest about your case, avoid jargon and give you advice not options
Josiah Hincks Solicitors can provide support in the following areas:
I am a Partner of Josiah Hincks Solicitors, based in the Market Harborough office. I head up the Dispute Resolution and Employment Team.
I help businesses solve problems and focus on their business rather than being distracted by legal issues. I strive to provide commercially driven, no nonsense legal advice. I assist businesses and individuals involved in disputes of any type to get the result they need as quickly and effectively as possible. I also ensure that businesses can navigate the Employment Law minefield with confidence.
I also ensure that business have the best terms and conditions and other contractual documentation in place. I have particular expertise in drafting EULAs, Privacy Policies, Hardware Warranties and other IP/IT type matters.
I’m a dual qualified solicitor and accredited mediator. When required, I am tough and robust. I can also adopt a more conciliatory stance if that is in my client’s best interests.
Recently, I’ve been working on substantial Rate Swap/Interest Rate Hedging Financial Services claims, lots of property/repossession claims, trademark/patent infringement and general breach of contract/negligence claims.
I am also advise businesses on Employment Law and other general commercial matters.
Mediation, Litigation, Dispute Resolution and Employment Law.
partnership disputes, professional negligence claims, personal injury claims, breach of contract claims, franchise disputes, negligence claims, sale of goods/supply of services claims, property disputes, dilapidation claims, IP/IT disputes, trademarks, copyright, design right, internet domain name claims, employment law, discrimination, redundancies, employment contracts, staff handbooks, compromise agreements PLUS MUCH MORE!
• Wide experience including dilapidations claims (including for various PLCs), agreeing lease terminations, taking disputed lease renewals to Court, dealing with defective property claims and acting for Pension scheme administrators in property related disputes, and repossession claims.
• Acted for businesses in claims for passing off, breach of trademarks, domain name usage, design rights, defamation claims and breach of copyright claims.
• Issued and defended statutory demands and winding up/bankruptcy proceedings, dealt with companies in administration, companies going into administration, personal bankruptcy.
• Worked closely with clients to develop bespoke and effective debt recovery processes and have then dealt with the matters from letters of claim through to Court and on to enforcement.
• Involved in drafting contracts of employment and staff handbooks and training HR people on how they work, drafting bespoke complex restrictive covenants, advising employers on employment law matters, advising on termination of employees, dealing with compromise agreements for both employer and employee, and some small tribunal claims/defences work.
I trained and qualified at a niche commercial firm of solicitors in leicester, where I spent an inordinate amount of time training in a growing litigation department.
That firm acted for several high profile, FTSE clients as well as small to medium sized businesses. I undertook a wide scope of work involving all types of commercial legal disputes.
When my daughter was born, I decided to take some time out. During the time out I created several new businesses which continue to grow.
I also trained to be an accredited mediator and studied NLP to help people to resolve disputes outside of court. I now have a growing mediation practice with Josiah Hincks.
As a litigation solicitor, I deal with all types of disputes including:
Mediation, Litigation, Dispute Resolution and Employment Law, partnership disputes, professional negligence claims, personal injury claims, breach of contract claims, franchise disputes, negligence claims, sale of goods/supply of services claims, property disputes, dilapidation claims, IP/IT disputes, trademarks, copyright, design right, internet domain name claims, employment law, discrimination, redundancies, employment contracts, staff handbooks, compromise agreements PLUS MUCH MORE!
I am a Partner in the Dispute Resolution Team. I have a dual role. As a solicitor, I ensure my clients get the best results out of their disputes, whether that is through Court/Litigation, Mediation or Negotiation. I always try to get the best deal for my client. I strive to give unequivocal, commercial, pragmatic advice rather than sit on the fence.
As an Accredited Mediator, I help other lawyers’ clients to resolve disputes outside of Court. I bring a unique mix of law, commercial awareness and psychology/NLP to see that each parties Positions, Needs and Interests are met. This way, both parties walk away with a deal which works for them. I appreciate that mentioning psychology puts some people off, but it needn’t. Its subtle at best. What it means in practice is that I get deals done!
For fun only – some of this may well be exaggerated!:
I was born in Leicester in 1983 and have lived in the City since. I am one of two sons to Melvin and Jennifer Mather. My dad invented the biro and now invests millions in restoring old spaceships back to their former glory. My mum bakes a lot of cakes.
I went to Granby Primary School in Aylestone moving on to Lancaster Boys School for secondary school. I got stack loads of them GCSE things, but have since given many to charity.
I studied my A-Levels at Wyggeston QE I colllege and, after a last minute change from Computer Science, was accepted to read Law at DeMontfort University. I have since read approximately 4 law books. My excellent academic achievements lead me to become a lawyer, more of which is above.
I started my first business when I was around 12 selling sweets in the playground. I have always had an entrepreneurial streak and have tended to have businesses all my life.
While studying A-Levels, I set up a Lettings Agency which I sold for £6m. At Uni, I dabbled in website design for businesses but it didn’t really go anywhere. In 1997, I started a music website called Musicmen.co.uk which became one of the UK’s biggest music sites and was sold at the height of the dot com boom for £36.42million.
I have since, post modernly, described myself as a webentrepreneur. Over the last 15 years, I have probably created 100 websites some successful some not.
My hobbies include playing and creating music, technology and gadgets, eating out and spending time with friends and family. I like to watch sport but am far from what I would call a fan of any particular sport. Unless cake eating is a sport….
I am married to the lovely Yuki and we have one daughter, Araminta. We are members of Living Rock Church in Stoney Stanton, Leicestershire.